Reverb Nation Flash Player (07.12.09 - 12.19.09)


Write%20Before%20Right%202
Quantcast

Reverb Nation Flash Player (12.19.08 - 07.11.09)


Write%20Before%20Right
Quantcast

3/25/09

Southside Of The World 03.25.09


I basically 'free wrote' this song.  I just sat down and recorded whatever came out of my mind.  I adjusted a few minor things, but for the most part this song was a spontaneous idea.  I got the concept(not that its super secret or hard to think of) from Adam Larrabee who told me about Daniel Clarke's experience up in New York with Ryan Adams.  Daniel (great pianist and Richmonder who has been on tour with Mandy Moore and KD Lang... respectively) is working on Ryan Adam's new record.  Apparently, Ryan 'free writes' some of his stuff.  He'll just do a couple takes and whatever comes to mind is what they'll keep.  That's pretty amazing considering Adam's artistic nature and songwriting chops.  Anyway, maybe I'll try to write some songs like that... just to see what happens... 

By the way, I love Flickr.  I don't know whether the photographers of these awesome pictures would appreciate me posting their stuff, but I really enjoy some of these photos... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write%20Before%20RightQuantcast