Reverb Nation Flash Player (07.12.09 - 12.19.09)


Write%20Before%20Right%202
Quantcast

Reverb Nation Flash Player (12.19.08 - 07.11.09)


Write%20Before%20Right
Quantcast

2/9/09

Wow


Since my last post about Amy Winehouse, I have been trying to mix it up a little bit with lots of different kinds of songs.  Here are some of the ideas/styles I've put down:
  AutoTuned spiritual with layered vocals(Story In The Sky Pt.2), wishing I had lots of money(Bill Gates), my recollection of living in Chicago(Chicago), a humorous song about how bad the movie 'Taken' was(Taken), 2 different songs for some very close friends who recently lost loved ones (Better Place and For Your Tears), and the first time I took a suggestion from somebody else and turned it into a song--- Toxic City-- This idea was given to me by Jonathan Greenburg... and also Little White Bird--Nelson I don't know your last name but thanks for the idea.  
I have no qualms about using AutoTune.  In fact, I recently heard Bon Iver's new EP and was surprised to hear that he had used an all autotuned song on his recently released 'Blood Bank'.  I think it is a simple tool to sometimes use in the studio for a specific effect.  I use it rarely on regular vocal takes, but like to use it in the manner in which I did on the song Story In The Sky Pt.2.  
I'm stoked about the song Taken as well.  This is the first real 'joke' song I've ever done.  Its in the style of Andy Sandberg from SNL and my friends and I have already had a blast with this tune.  
Toxic City is not about Richmond, and those events did not actually happen to me, but the idea was a great story... so I wrote the tune.  Another friend of mine, Nelson(who is a killer bass player) gave me the idea for the song Little White Bird.  There was a flying V of birds and all the birds were black except the one in the back.  This little guy was white, and was struggling to keep up with the rest of the crew.  
Keep posting ideas for new songs... I'm developing a list of all the suggestions.  Thanks and keep listening... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write%20Before%20RightQuantcast